Lyme?

My symptoms “started” in April but let’s quickly fast forward to Friday, September 30th. I was frequenting the nail salon every 5-6 days at this point in my life. The nail technicians and I were best friends! They knew I was more interested in getting an hour long leg massage and less concerned about the polish change at the end. I was experiencing the most intense leg pain and found having my legs rubbed was the only way to cure my aching limbs. My legs weren't the only body part with piercing pain. Lately, all of my joints ached. 

So I'm getting my legs massaged and my phone begins to ring. It’s a Minnesota area code so I figure it’s someone from Mayo calling about my lab results they did in the ER last week when I was there with my mom and aunt. I had an appointment to be seen at Mayo, October 4th, and tried getting seen earlier by going to the ER. I had spent the previous week in bed, convinced I was dying, and insisted my mom drive me to Minnesota. 
I answered my phone. It was the ER nurse from the previous week. She asked if I had a moment to discuss the lab results. Sure? She asked me if I remembered ever being bit by a tick. I had to think about it. I remember pulling a tick off of me when I was 12, 13, 14? I can’t remember. Shoot, I can hardly remember what I ate for dinner last night (memory loss - one of my many symptoms). The nurse told me I tested positive for Lyme and the Interpretation of Lyme Serology (bands for IgG) was inconclusive. What does that even mean?
She told me since I was headed to Mayo the following week, the doctor would discuss in further detail when I get up there. She advised me to stay off the internet and to call if I had any questions. Stay off the internet? How could I? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween!

New Path

Guess Who's Back - Back Again. Shady's Back, Tell A Friend!